BETTINA SILVERIO’S “MOMENTS” AT YUCHENGCO MUSEUM’S DRAGON GALLERY

Saturday, October 31, 2015

“Art is the best way I communicate with the world. Through my art, I express my feelings and thoughts with abandon. In my studio, I immerse myself in experimentation and research. I am very proud of my cultural heritage, both as a Filipino and as an Asian, and have, thus, been searching for other artistic methods and techniques endemic to my cultural roots. My vision is to develop a personal artistic style that reflects my cultural heritage — one that is free from convention and current thought. I believe that art and self-expression should be free and liberating. When it comes to my compositions, I often like to depict the beauty of life and of nature, the joy of living, and what it means to be human. I like to paint the simple, ordinary scenes that we take for granted and yet mean so much. I want to remind people that seemingly ordinary instances, when put together, make life wonderful and worth living.”Bettina Silverio, artist

Bettina Silverio’s Moments runs from October 23 to November 7, 2015 at the Yuchengco Museum’s Dragon Gallery.



Bettina Silverio is a graphic designer, artist, and art teacher. She has taken special courses under creative artists such as Gig de Pio and Jon Pettyjohn, and classes on fashion design, drawing, and painting in Manila and Madrid. Bettina was a finalist in the Globe Imaginart Competition in 2013.

The Dragon Gallery at RCBC Plaza is an alternative exhibition space for art galleries, art associations, art schools, and artists. Located at the second floor of the Yuchengco Museum, the gallery is open Monday to Saturday, from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.

For gallery information, you may call (632) 889-1234 / (632) 887-5144 or email: dragongallery@yuchengcomuseum.org.

You Might Also Like

0 comments