HILARIOUS OR HORRIFYING?

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy New Year everyone! How is it January 11th already? I haven’t done anything worthwhile yet. Where did my first eleven days of 2014 go?
All I've done so far was clean the apartment and de-clutter the bookshelves and cabinets with dusty books, papers, and press kits that have taken over my bedroom.
I've also been throwing away old furnitures that belong to my sister (and her daughters) that she failed to pick up since moving back to the countryside early last year. It's crazy.
I miss my virtual world. And I've got tons of press releases due. Perhaps I'll start posting nonstop later tonight.

For now, I'm leaving you with an advert that came out a few years back, but I missed it, so I'm circling back.
It's a fake 90-second cheese ad done for fun by British animatronics master John Nolan (who worked on Where the Wild Things Are, among other films).
It shows a mouse having a nasty run-in with a trap, but that's just the beginning of the story. It's worth sticking with, even for the squeamish.
Nolan used a live mouse for the opening shots and animatronics for the rest. "The rat was actually a robot I made covered in silicon," he says. "It still had its real hair and nails of a dead rat, but I had to punch this in individually into the synthetic skin, a bit like how hair transplants work."
Now I'm maybe late but this is hilarious (or horrifying?).
Watch.



To know more, go to http://www.johnnolanstudio.com/films/nolans-cheddar/

You Might Also Like

0 comments